Monday 2 December 2013

Class of 2013

The day has finally come and the waiting is over, my clutch of fire het pied x female DH albino pied have finally all vacated their eggs in to the big bad world.  I recently had growing doubts about the genetic make up of the parents and I believe that this clutch has reinforced this belief.  I no longer think that the parents are het for either the pied or albino gene (in the mother only apparently het albino).  Slightly disappointing that I was taken advantage of for being keen and naïve, but hey that's a lesson learned and I think I have learned from this.  However I am extremely happy on how this clutch has turned out in regards to the odds that I got in both morphs produced, as well as the ratio of males and females.















The clutch began to pip on the 26/11/13 and all eventually emerged as of 1/12/13.  The pairing produced 2 female fires, 2 male fires and 1 male normal.  All the hatchlings appear to be healthy, and all are a good size.  They have lovely markings and are extremely bright and eye catching which is ideal.  I will be holding back a female fire for myself to breed to my male fire in the future, to hopefully produce some black eyed leucistics in the future.  I love the morphs of royal pythons that show white colouration, e.g. pied, black and blue eyed leucistics, albino etc.  I will upload some photos once they have all shed and moved in to their individual enclosures.  There will be 1 female fire, 2 male fires and 1 male normal available for sale once they have eaten 6 frozen thawed rodents, shed and pooped, as well as showing good signs of growth and general health.

Here are some photos of them, like I said I will update when they have all shed:




No comments:

Post a Comment