Tuesday 19 November 2013

Slither in to the light.

I am now at day 49 of incubation and had a cheeky little look in to my incubator and thought why not candle the DH albino pied x fire het pied clutch.  And here we are, not very clear on the photo but I can see a little body moving inside of each egg. Hopefully this time next week I will have 5 healthy hatchling royal pythons to show you, and I am even more hopeful that their is a pied or even a pyro pied poking its head out at me. 

I just wish that these little guys would hurry up and pip for me so I can see what is waiting for me in there.  I had to wait a fairly long time for these eggs,  I began pairing at the same time as ruby, who laid her clutch around 2 months earlier. I began to give up hope on the fact that she would even lay and I began to convince myself that she wasn't going to.  But low and behold here we are with a week to go until they are due to pip on their own, I cannot wait.  I am pretty sure I wont be leaving the front of the incubator for at least a week just in case I miss anything.

I will upload a video of them piping, once the first one has shown signs of doing so by itself I may decide to cut the rest to show a real time reveal of what is inside, then again I may not I'm still undecided.  Watch this space for some lovely baby snake pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment